Thursday, April 2, 2009
Adventures in Cloth Diapering
I knew while I was pregnant that I wanted our baby to be a cloth diaper baby. Yes, I wanted to save money, but I mainly wanted to do it for health reasons. I didn't want all the chemicals to touch my baby's bottom and sensitive parts. Well, as with everything else with this baby, we didn't start out in cloth diapers. As a matter of fact, Sophie is only a part-timer. I just can't bring myself to put her in cd's at night. I would love suggestions on how that works! I'm sure as she sleeps through the night it will get easier. At this point I change her diaper and she decides she's not finished yet. We've been known to go through 3 diapers in one changing! We have two types of cloth diapers: pre-folds with covers and all-in-one cloth diapers. I just don't get the pre-folds. I won them, so I'm using them. I don't know if I'm folding them wrong or if they just don't fit her well. So far, the bumGenius are my favorite (sorry, Terra). They are so easy! I can put one on her just as quickly as a disposable. I don't have to fear being squirted on because I wasn't quick enough. But enough about diapers, bring on the pictures.
Labels:
baby,
cloth diapers,
feet
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh I like BG AIOs (not enough to buy more than the two we originally tried, LOL) - it's the pocket 3.0s I loathe, lol ;-) I will take the 3.0 over prefolds most days :-D
ReplyDeletewhat a cute heiny :-)
Aww,your baby is adorable!!! As far as the prefolds, I don't have any experience with cd a newborn, but my suggestion would be to fold the diaper up so it fits nicely in the cover & then lay it down on the changing table already assembled. Just lay the baby on it, close & velcro the cover & you're done!!!Hemp is GREAT for nighttime!
ReplyDeleteIf I am blessed with another baby, I plan to use a lot of fitted diapers the first few months, they are easy for me & much less expensive than the AIO diapers...the bamboo are heavenly!!!