Yep. We're having a baby! We are excited, don't get me wrong. I just a little shocked. It seems weird to me that I'm pregnant. I guess after nothing happening for four years, I just assumed that nothing would happen. We're not getting any younger. I had come to a place of contentment. God does not promise in the Bible that every woman will give birth to a child. Children are a blessing, yes. But bearing your own child is not a promise. I cringed every time well meaning people said "It will happen, just wait and see" or "It's just not your time right now." It was all God. He never gave me false hope. He promised that "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose" (Rom 8:28). It was a learning process. It was good for me (tough, but good) to not have a child during those four years of waiting, wondering, and wanting. I was able to serve my friends who had children in ways that would have been impossible if I had my own children. I was blessed with opportunities to watch their children grow, to participate in birthday parties, and baby dedications. To live life with them, watching and learning as we went. Do I feel adequate to teach this child in the way they should go? No. But God placed these Godly women in my life for a purpose. I know that they will only be a phone call away when I'm at my wits end and need a calm reassuring voice to bring me back to reality. I am truly blessed.
To show the growth progression of this little one:
Here is the baby at 7 weeks.
Here is the baby yesterday at 17 weeks.
The head is to the left and the feet to the right.
I'm due at the end of February. As it stands right now, I'll most likely be staying at home. Childcare is so expensive. I am looking at selling Tastefully Simple. Who doesn't like to spend time with friends and eat?! No matter where you live, if you'd like to have an evening of friends and food, let me know :).
((HUGS)) I'm SO excited for you Whitney (and Ron too!) ;-) I'm praying for you daily and can't wait for that "other" phone call to let me know that sweet baby is here!!! I miss you terribly!
ReplyDelete