
This coming Monday marks six weeks until my due date. It's scary and exciting all at the same time! I'm trying to come up with a playlist for my iPod and would love your input. I'm thinking a good mixture of mellow and upbeat songs would be perfect to help me through the labor process. Did any of you play music during labor and delivery? If you did, was it helpful? Although I am putting effort into this playlist I know there is a good possibility that the iPod will stay in the bag being lost in the shuffle of all that will take place. Music helps me relax though and I've heard that relaxing is key. Thanks for your input :)!
I had intended on having music, as it relaxes me as well, but I learned w/ Keaton's labor, that was NOT going to be a good thing ...unfortunately.
ReplyDeleteI actually watched movies and TV with both, LOL :)
The olympics were on while I was laboring/pushing w/ B and b/w contractions I would sometimes sneak a peek, LOL!
I hope someone comes up with good songs :)
((HUGS)) I can NOT believe only 6 more weeks!!!!! Did you get the email I sent?
I listened to Allison Krauss, I dont know if you like bluegrass, but it was soothing and somewhat upbeat, just felt like home. Give it a try!
ReplyDeleteI ended up watching tv too. We took cards and books and stuff, but tv was a very god distraction (hgtv with lizzy!) and we just muted it with contractions and the actual pushing.
ReplyDeleteare you trying to go natural or use an epidural?
I didn't use any music....I think since it was the middle of the night, I didn't even think about it. My hope for you is that your labor is like mine was...short enough that you don't have time to use any of those techniques they show you to relax.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your input :)!
ReplyDeleteTerra - Yes, I did get the email. THANK YOU! I'm planning on reading them this week.
Kati - Thanks for the suggestion! Bluegrass would remind me of home too.
Shelley - I am going to go natural (unless something crazy happens). I know I won't get an award, but I want to see what my body will do naturally. Yes, I may be crazy.
Stephnie - I would love a short labor! :)