I looked out my back window this morning and saw this beautiful yellow Iris! They are blooming!! I received them last year from a great friend (Thanks, Stephnie!) while we still lived in Wake Forest. I planted them here in hopes of some blooms. Last year we only had leaves. This year I was super excited to see buds. And now they are blooming! I LOVE Spring!!
Yellow Iris
Purple Iris
More blooming Iris on the way!
Oregano and Mint transplanted from Wake Forest. The Oregano and Mint survived the winter in this pot outside. Once we started getting rain and sunshine, it took off! The Chives also survived the winter, but they're not from WF.
I am attempting to grow Sunflowers again. Deer ate them in WF, Ellie ate them here last year. Maybe this year they will survive. Maybe.
If you live in Wake Forest, you MUST go to HerbFest this weekend. I miss walking around and smelling all the wonderful herbs. It's where I would go and get my herbs. Everyone was always very helpful with any questions that I had. Not to mention these herbs would actually grow. The ones I would get at Lowe's were not the same quality.
I hope that you are enjoying your weekend!

0 comments:
Post a Comment