Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Our First Strawberry

I was very excited to see that our strawberry plants were growing fruit! Here is our first strawberry. For Christmas, Ron bought me an awesome book called A Slice of Organic Life which suggests growing strawberries in hanging baskets. I especially thought this was a great idea because last year our puppy dug up all of the plants and herbs that I planted. So we're giving it a try.

It wasn't what I expected. The strawberry looks ripe, sweet, and juicy. Right? Well, that's what I expected. Instead, it was sour and juicy. The texture was good, the taste wasn't. Ron said it was because of the dirt. Plants are supposed to grow in the ground, not in a pot. Perhaps, but the book said I could do it that way. I'm hoping that the other strawberries will taste better. Here's to wishful thinking!

2 comments:

  1. I think I may need to get that book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto! I just added it to amazon! that's so weird that it said you could do that but then it gave...sour results! :(

    ReplyDelete